Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The White Man's Religion?

It irks me when Black activists or Conscious Hip-Hop artists call Christianity the "white man's" religion.

It is NOT their religion. They intercepted it and used certain aspects of it to get their way over the Africans so that they could enslave them and bring them to the Americas to build their empire. And it wasn't all of the white people, it was the white supremacists who carried these activities out, which was a majority of them, along with those who were coaxed into believing that they were actually doing good. That is NO REASON to shun the RELIGION as a whole. That's like saying, "Oh, he beat me with a belt, so now I'm going to completely do away with belts. I'm never wearing a belt again." You criticize the evil in the people who carried those actions out and those who continue to do it to other countries today, not the "tool" that was used. ["Guns" don't kill people; people kill people.]

There is SO MUCH in the BIBLE that teaches against what these same people [supremacists] are doing, and will point out that they are hypocrites for living the way they live. Those people will receive their just rewards; but when young, naive, rebellious, radical, "intellectual" individuals hear a prolific speaker [who represents the path the young minds want to follow] with biased opinions, saying denigrating things about the "white man" and "his" religion that enslaved his people, the young listener tends to adopt those views of the speaker's mind; acquiescing to just about everything he says. It is then that the prolific speaker adopts the attitude of his oppressor; eye for an eye & tooth for a tooth. But, "an eye for an eye, leaves the whole world blind."

These highly acclaimed activists, artists, etc., are walking around saying, "Give the white man his religion back and let's go back to the ways, of our ancestors, when we revered ourselves as gods."
First off, WE ARE NOT GODS!! We were made in His IMAGE. I am, in no way, trying to denigrate the profound, wonderful, aesthetics of my own people and their history, but I am saying that just because an idea [worshiping multiple gods] is so stagnant and perpetual in a society, doesn't make it correct. I love everything about my ancestors; the strength and courage that we had [and STILL have], the intelligence and pure genius to be the first civilizations to master math and science, and a plethora of other reasons that I could go on for days listing. I take pride in my ancestors, but I do also take pride in the Bible and GOD. I do believe that there is only ONE true God.

We ALL [conscious individuals who know the truth] know that Jesus was NOT white like all of the propaganda perpetuates, so that topic can STOP being brought up as an excuse for why those people, who despise the "white man's religion", don't follow Christianity. It sickens me to see MEN, with all of this wisdom and knowledge, still act like children for the sake of their egos. So what, if he was white!? The color of his skin should NOT matter. And proving that he was Black or white should have no basis in why we should follow said religion. It's the principles that he taught that we should take heed to. He strengthened the Law of the Old Testament that Moses brought forth from God.

I PREACH about my despising for white supremacy, black supremacy, and any other supremacists. I can't stand it, and I won't tolerate it. But that does NOT mean that I don't like white people. But I don't like when the people in the executive seats, which are mostly white, advocate that everyone should look and act like them. They push this "message" of white supremacy throughout the media and ESPECIALLY through cartoons to snare the children's minds at a young age. The white supremacists know that revolution has ALWAYS been sparked by the young, radical minds, so they initiate systems throughout the mass media that will put the minds, of the youth and even the naive adults, to sleep with ideas of consumerism, capitalism, and materialism. This method has been highly effective; as you can see, when you look among your peers, the majority of them are dressing, acting, and looking like them; showing no love for their own God-given bodies. And in turn those same peers are criticizing their own people for not aspiring to look like them - those that have this idea of the image of a "perfect" human being. When those same people are shown the truth, they retreat in denial and won't even converse with you because they really can't handle the truth.
["How ridiculous I was! Stupid enough to stand there simply lost in admiration of how my hair now looking "white," reflected in the mirror in Shorty's room. I vowed that I'd never again be without a conk, and I never was for many years....This was my first really big step toward self-degradation: when I endured all of that pain, literally burning my flesh to have it look like a whit man's hair. I had joined that multitude of Negro men and women in America who are brainwashed into believing that the Black people are "inferior" - and white people "superior" - that they will even violate and mutilate their God-created bodies to try to look "pretty" by white standards." -- Malcolm X (Autobiography of Malcolm X)].

I can see what people mean when they say the "white man's religion" because I see the way some of these people act in these big named churches, but that is no reason to go after God for what the people have done. I don’t like churches that only teach prosperity as if God is some type of genie in a bottle. The churches with the pastors that has the same sermon about how "this year is your year and your season and your time to get your money, a new car, and a new house because God is going to give it to you after you tithe/sacrifice $200…" Then every year you’re still facing financial hardships while the good ol' pastor is cruising around in the luxury vehicles of the present year while sporting fresh designer suits that are never repeated. Those churches where the pastor doesn't even know his congregation and he himself is worshiped, rather than worshiping God. Those are the churches that we need to "attack", not the being who put forth the law and covenant. I really don't have anything else to say because I feel I will start repeating points that I have already made. Christianity is not the "white man's religion", but it has been used - just the same as other religions - to be a means of profit for those in power. I end on that note.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" ---> Ephesians 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment